LibreOffice ESC call, Thur - 16:00 central European (local) time

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at libreoffice.org
Mon Oct 15 18:39:45 UTC 2018

Hi ESC,

On Tue, Oct 09, 2018 at 10:56:23AM +0100, Michael Meeks wrote:
> * mentoring/easyhack update

In the aftermath of the LibreOffice conference, we (Eike and me) discussed with
members of OpenLabsAlbania how we can continue to grow and strengthen the
connection between the local community and the LibreOffice project.

One of the things we emphasized were the advantages of having core code
contributors in a local community. This was discussed by members of OpenLabs
and as a result Izabela and Eva volunteered to pursue this topic further. You
can see the discussion on the forum of OpenLabs here:

 https://forum.openlabs.cc/t/libreoffice-2019/1406/9

As such, I would like to ask to give Izabela and Eva a warm welcome, e.g. on
IRC or on the mailing list. I hope we can work together to the benefit of both
the LibreOffice project and the community around OpenLabsAlbania.

A final note: Due to my daily workday duties, I can only rarely attend the ESC
call usually. As such, Im humbly asking the ESC to just maybe (re-)check and
reevaluate if we as a project have all our ducks in a row for welcoming some
enthusiatic newcomers.

Best,

Bjoern