[TDF infra] Announcing Gitiles VCS browser (gitweb replacement) and https:// anon git URIs

Guilhem Moulin guilhem at libreoffice.org
Wed Oct 17 18:10:01 UTC 2018

Hi Miklos,

On Wed, 17 Oct 2018 at 09:26:40 +0200, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 17, 2018 at 04:27:54AM +0200, Guilhem Moulin <guilhem at libreoffice.org> wrote:
>> Right now https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/$CHANGENUM/ has both gitweb
>> and Gitiles links, but unless we hear strong objection we'll disable
>> gitweb at the end of the month, and serve requests to
>> ‘/gitweb?p=${REPOSITORY}.git;a=${ACTION};h=${REF}’ as 302-redirections
>> to the corresponding Gitiles paths.
>
> The gitweb link takes me to a diff of the whole change, while in the
> gitiles case I need one more additional click to the "diff" text to get
> there. Would it be possible to keep showing the diff by default?

Ah, yeah.  There is even a custom setting in gerrit.config's “[gitweb]” section
in that effect: “revision = "?p=${project}.git;a=commitdiff;h=${commit}"” :-)

Done on our gerrit stage instance (https://vm178.documentfoundation.org/); will
do the same thing on the prod instance next time we have to restart the service.

> A second point: gitweb supports searching by name, e.g.
> <https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git&a=search&st=author&s=caolan>.
> Does gitiles support something like this, or from now on one must clone
> the repo to be able to do queries like this?

It does indeed, but it's a bit hidden :-P

    https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+log/?author=caolan

How attached are you to the search form?  We could definitely add one to
the template, but for now I only changed it (on the stage instance) to
make authors & committers clickable on the relevant views, and filter on
their email:

    commit        https://vm178.documentfoundation.org/plugins/gitiles/help/+/master
    commitdiff    https://vm178.documentfoundation.org/plugins/gitiles/help/+/master%5E%21
    log (oneline) https://vm178.documentfoundation.org/plugins/gitiles/help/+log/master/