[TDF infra] Announcing Gitiles VCS browser (gitweb replacement) and https:// anon git URIs

Wol's lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Mon Oct 22 17:45:03 UTC 2018

On 22/10/2018 16:25, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> 1) Someone's out in the woods home DSL line in the woods; fiber hasn't
>     come to that village yet, or has come to the town but not that
>     particular street. RTT time about 50ms; bandwidth about 20 Mbps
>     down (or less), much less up.

This isn't a backwoods place - you're describing my internet (ADSL 2)
which gives me 17Mb down, about 500Kb up, and I'm in London ... (FTTC
isn't an option, and FTTP costs a bomb ...)

(That's assuming my local broadband connection hasn't fallen over - it
regularly locks up of an evening and I can only guess that the local
telephone exchange is overloaded. BT would love for me to pay for an
upgrade but why should I when what I've got is plenty when it's working.)

Cheers,
Wol