[TDF infra] Announcing Gitiles VCS browser (gitweb replacement) and https:// anon git URIs

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 16:18:36 UTC 2018

Now that gitiles is linked to bugzilla instead of cgit, I'm giving it a good workout. From a QA perspective, it's missing 2 key features that interfere with my workflow.

The date gitiles displays in the log is the author date, rather than the much more useful commit date. When trying to track down regressions, you care about the order of commits, not when they were authored.

Also, how do you search a range and author? I used both of these searches very often. Without them, gitiles shouldn't be the default. I keep finding myself manually switching back to cgit to access these.