avmedia VLC backend

Kirk Puppy kirkpuppy at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 11:17:41 UTC 2018

Hi all,

I've compiled LibreOffice-6.1.0.3 and 6.0.6.2 with:

--disable-gstreamer-1-0
--disable-gstreamer-0-10
--enable-vlc

Both versions build fine, but embedded video in Impress doesn't play. No
messages when ran from a terminal. This is using VLC-3.0.3. This did work
the last time I built LibreOffice-5.2.7.2 with VLC-2.2.6. I haven't did a
debug build yet, takes quite a while on my laptop. Has anyone tried the VLC
backend lately? I know it's marked experimental, so if it's known to be
broken please let me know.

Thanks for your help,
Kirk

P.S. I'm not on the list so please reply to all.