Cppcheck: Reduction of False Positives with a MSVC Project File

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 7 04:31:20 UTC 2018

By using our MSVC Project file to teach cppcheck about includes and preprocessor configurations, I was able to reduce the number of warnings from 9,141 to 25.  You can see the Report here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NCV4Zl8vcWl30f6cDfTbGwxvW7lhMxw-/view?usp=sharing

While the results are thin, are there any valid issues here?

Keep in mind, that this is only testing the Windows code path. Also, the 'LibreOffice.sln' project is incomplete and cannot yet generate full builds.

This was an interesting experiment. But until we have a fully functional project file, we'll have to manually generate the configuration for cppcheck.

I've left my notes for anyone else interested on working on this over here:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Cppcheck