git workflow for bugs and new feature !

Rahul Gurung gurungrahul2 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 14:28:28 UTC 2018

Hey,

I always have a question in mind, what do you, professional developers
follow as your GitHub workflow? I am curious about knowing two cases here,
bugs and a new feature.

*For bugs:*
I read from the documentation that we should make a new branch for
bug-killing but what after we pushed the code and it has been merged to
master, what should we do with the local branch ? is rebase merge over
master a good practice?

*For new feature:*
Should we make all the commits for the new feature over the same new branch?

If possible, please tell the commands too, along with the answer.

Thanks,
Rahul Gurung.