API-CHANGE - dropping string properties which use vnd.sun.star.GraphicObject URL

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.co.uk
Mon Sep 17 07:31:01 UTC 2018

Hi,

On Fri, Sep 14, 2018 at 12:50:16PM -0700, Pusteblumi <benbignoise at gmx.de> wrote:
> Will this backport soon be available in a release?
> Today, I tested with 6.1.1.2 (x64) and 6.2.0.0.alpha0+ (x64). The problem
> persists in both versions.

It's in master and on its way to 6.1.2. Care to open a bugreport if it
still doesn't work on master?

> Miklos Vajna-4 wrote
> >>         sNewURL = oBitmaps.getByName( "OOoLilyPond" )
> > The bitmap table gives you objects implementing the XBitmap interface,
> > not strings.
>
> If there is something I should change in my code, I'd be thankful for any
> help.  ;-)

The point is that getByName() of that bitmap table now gives you a
Graphic, not just a URL, which is a string reference to a memory
address, which may or may not be there by the time you would turn that
string reference back to a pointer.

This means the ideal code is the same as yours, but the sNewURL name is
a bit misleading as it's no longer an URL. Also later you should set the
"Graphic", not "GraphicURL" property when you use the Graphic.

But as said before, your code should work as-is unchanged for
compatibility reasons; if it doesn't, it's a bug to be fixed.

Regards,

Miklos