Cppcheck: Reduction of False Positives: Manual Approach

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 26 00:26:10 UTC 2018

As I mentioned before, by manually specifying  includes and preprocessor configurations, I was able to reduce the number of warning from ~9000 to 30.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ai_Zcj18cdQxVIQESb4lJr5K9LnzjnpW/view?usp=sharing

You can view it by unzipping and opening 'index.html'.

Caolán or Stephan,
Could either one of you take a quick pass at this to see if my improvements are useful?

If this is useful, I could modify the weekly Cppcheck Report script to include these improvements. Who could set me up with permissions?

-Luke