Supplier Surveillance, Cristi Posea (CppUnit)---ID# 100580 to 100580

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Sep 27 13:12:14 UTC 2018

Hi Ralf,

On Wednesday, 2018-09-26 09:19:30 -0700, Ralf Quint wrote:

> On 9/26/2018 7:04 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > The inquiry wasn't about LibreOffice but *CppUnit* (which apparently is
> > used by Lockheed in one of its processes)
> Sorry, but this is not the first time that pretty much the identically
> worded post appeared.

Twice, probably because the first didn't get any reply.

> Which had me flag the sender as junk, specially
> concerned with the attached .xlsx file.

The sender seems legit. Try the name in the context of Lockheed with
a search engine of your choice.

> Even if this would be a legitimate sender, (s)he has to be utterly clueless,
> no matter what.

That may just be how that business sends out its inquiries to "vendors"
of tools it uses. Being aware of FLOSS and how it works might not be its
strength, nevertheless calling them "utterly clueless" isn't helpful at
all.

  Eike

GPG key 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A