Hunspell probably breaks build on macOS

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 27 13:18:16 UTC 2018

Hi Thorsten, *,

On Thu, Sep 27, 2018 at 3:04 PM Michael Stahl <mst at libreoffice.org> wrote:
> On 25/09/2018 22:49, Thorsten Wagner wrote:
> > Noel, make clean as well as make distclean has been done prior to seeking avice from this list.
> >
> > I'm not using lode. Build environment is a clean macOS environment without any third party software in path. There are only four additional packages installed in path: autoconf 2.69, automake 1.16, gettext 0.19.8, make 4.2.1
> >
> > Build worked with LO 6.1.1 and has been broken since hunspell has moved to 1.6.2.
> >
> > Christian, please find config.log attached.
>
> this is the config.log for LibreOffice, not the config.log for hunspell, […]

Still contained something to note though.. With

--enable-bogus-pkg-config

you're asking for trouble.... While not found in during configure, you
should have a very good reason to specify it....
Thorsten wrote he had only installed uatoconf, automake, gettext and
make, so there should be no reason to add it...

hunspell's config.log should be more useful though..

ciao
Christian