Cppcheck: Reduction of False Positives: Manual Approach

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 13:04:05 UTC 2018

Hi,

slacka wrote
> Ideally, the next step would be to extract the "DEFS": and "INCLUDE": from
> gbuild-to-ide and pass that to cppcheck. But that's for another time.

Well, the very name 'gbuild-to-ide' sounds intriguing, but I can't figure
out what it is supposed to do (and how could it help in the cppcheck-report
script context) or how to make it do it's thing (I *really* can't read
python code).

So, my futile attempt was :

./bin/gbuild-to-ide --ide vim --make make

Which resulted in this:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 1664, in <module>
    gbuildparser = GbuildParser(args.makecmd).parse()
  File "./bin/gbuild-to-ide", line 83, in __init__
    self.binpath = os.path.dirname(os.environ['GPERF']) # woha, this is
quite a hack
  File "/usr/lib64/python3.6/os.py", line 669, in __getitem__
    raise KeyError(key) from None
KeyError: 'GPERF'

Appearantly, 'gbuild-to-ide' assumes some environment variables are set
(GPERF, SRCDIR, BUILDDIR, INSTDIR, and WORKDIR), but I cannot determine what
would be sane/expected values for these variables. Okay,
SRCDIR/BUILDDIR/INSTDIR seem self-explanatory (but you know what happens
when we assUme), but what are WORKDIR and GPERF ?

- Maarten

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html