[TDF infra] Announcing Gitiles VCS browser (gitweb replacement) and https:// anon git URIs

Luke Benes lukebenes at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 4 17:19:32 UTC 2019

Switching to hub redirection solves the annoying symbols that Gitiles appends to URLs leading to copy and paste errors and the timestamp issue. But it does not address:

* Lack of Built-in, easy to use search functionality
* Lack of branch tags, allowing you to see what release you are on when going through the master log
*cgit is a cleaner, easier to read interface

I have noticed that both QA and Developers continue to post cgit links on the bug tracker. When I have asked on IRC, no developers or QA members voiced support for using Gitiles.

So unless someone has some compelling reasons to keep it, I respectfully ask that the Commit Notification Bot be switch back to cgit. We have tried to use it, and as far as I can tell, universally dislike it.

-Luke