Faulty handle position in shapes imported from MS Office

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Tue Apr 9 18:55:26 UTC 2019

Hi Miklos,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 09-Apr-19 um 09:30:
> Hi Regina,
>
> On Tue, Apr 09, 2019 at 01:06:12AM +0200, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> What to do? In principle you can get the needed operations from the presets
>> as defined in the standard. But how to organize that, so that it can be done
>> step by step and perhaps can be done by several people? And, of course, the
>> code should still be readable and clear.
>
> Just for the reference, we already take the preset definitions from
> the OOXML spec in oox/source/drawingml/customshapes/, the README
> explains the process.

Yes I know. The generated formulas look good for me.

  So probably you don't need to take new information
> from the spec, rather what needs fixing is how we interpret that
> information.

Does that mean, that you suggest to tweak the set of formulas, which are
generated for a shape in a way, that method SetHandleControllerPosition
can use the same calculation for all shapes? That sounds more complicate
to me, than making the calculation in method SetHandleControllerPosition
dependent on shape type and handle.

It would still mean to examine 68 shapes and make for each one the
needed changes.

Kind regards
Regina