libreoffice-6.2.2.2 component context fails to supply service com.sun.star.ui.ModuleUIConfigurationManager

John Frankish john.frankish at outlook.com
Wed Apr 17 07:00:12 UTC 2019

> > Strace log attached
> >
> Hm, unfortunately doesn't give me a further clue.  The
>
> > 10691 access("/home/tc/.config/libreoffice/4/user/config/soffice.cfg",
> > F_OK) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
> >
> may have been a false route after all; I was under the erroneous expression that that part
> of the user profile gets copied over from the installation's preset/ tree, but that isn't the case.
> So you need to go back to the debug suggestions I gave earlier.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately gdb echoes the same error, but exits normally, even when re-run.

Since libreoffice-6.2.2.2 builds and runs on the 64-bit version of the same distro when compiled almost identically (the difference being "-mtune-generic" instead of "-march=i486 -mtune=i686"), this is puzzling.