configure fails for lo 6.1.6 - Windows SDK... configure: error: Some (all?) Windows SDK files not found

himajin100000 himajin100000 at gmail.com
Sun Apr 21 15:10:41 UTC 2019

> btw: registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft/Microsoft
> SDKs\Windows" is not available

Hi,
 > 10.0.17134.0
 > 10.0.17763.0
 >
 > btw: registry key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft/Microsoft
 > SDKs\Windows" is not available

Did you notice that you have to look into 32bit registry node?

you need to either

1. launch 32 bit registry editor
2. launch 64 bit registry editor and look under WOW6432Node

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/305097/how-to-view-the-system-registry-by-using-64-bit-versions-of-windows

as the following code indicates(sorry, I forgot to attach line number in
the previous),

https://github.com/LibreOffice/core/blob/libreoffice-6-1-6/configure.ac#L5236
====
if test -n "$regvalue"; then
     winsdkbinsubdir="$regvalue".0
fi

winsdklibsubdir=$regvalue # meaningless overwriting
=====

and if you have 10.0.17763.0, $winsdksubdir will be 10.0.17763 instead
of 10.0.17763.0 when the code returns from find_winsdk_version , I guess.

Regards,
himajin100000