We'd like to continue the production of the 32-bit deb packages

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Thu Aug 8 19:41:58 UTC 2019

On 08/08/2019 19.07, dreamnext at gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks Michael for the head up about build-nocheck. I used it as a last
> resort, because I am still unable to have 'make' finished without an
> error if I don't add that parameter.

Eike is of course right that disabling unit tests is not a good idea in
the long run, in particular if you plan to provide the packages for
"production use", so once the build with disabled unit tests works, the
cause for the failing unit test(s) should be observed.

Unfortunately, there are some "flaky" unit tests, so it might be that
the problem isn't even your build setup by itself. One thing to try
might be to just temporarily disable the specific test that fails
(probably in 'sw/CppunitTest_sw_layoutwriter.mk' according to the output
you pasted previously).
As mentioned before, the more output might help to further narrow the
issue down.

With regard to the build problem you described:

On 08/08/2019 17.36, dreamnext at gmail.com wrote:> Now I'm on the stage of
trying to build distributable deb files. As suggested before, I added
the following lines to autogen.input

> --with-distro=LibreOfficeLinux
> --enable-release-build
> --with-package-format=deb
> --disable-dependency-tracking
>
> [...]
>
> However, something is still missing, because make build-nocheck now throws the following error:
>
> /home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/configmgr/source/components.cxx:287: error: undefined reference to 'configmgr::dconf::writeModifications(configmgr::Components&, configmgr::Data&)'
> /home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/configmgr/source/components.cxx:531: error: undefined reference to 'configmgr::dconf::readLayer(configmgr::Data&, int)'
> /home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/configmgr/source/components.cxx:533: error: undefined reference to 'configmgr::dconf::readLayer(configmgr::Data&, int)'
> /home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/Library_merged.mk:11: recipe for target '/home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/libmergedlo.so' failed
> make[1]: *** [/home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/instdir/program/libmergedlo.so] Error 1
> Makefile:282: recipe for target 'build' failed
> make: *** [build] Error 2
>
> Any idea what could be missing to successfully build the .deb files?

The autogen param '--with-distro=LibreOfficeLinux' you added also
involves '--disable-dconf', and at a quick glance this looks like the
problem might be caused by artifacts from the previous build still lying
around.

Can you please try whether this goes away with a clean build (it might
be sufficient to just run 'make configmgr.clean' and then 'make' (or
'make build-nocheck')?