We'd like to continue the production of the 32-bit deb packages

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Wed Aug 14 06:25:41 UTC 2019

On 14/08/2019 03.44, escuelaslinux wrote:
> Well, today I tried by using Debian 10 (Maybe it would work by going to the
> source, right?)
>
> Wrong. It was an awful experience.
>
> After seven hours in which the fans were at max, I didn't realize that the
> make process hanged. No warning, no memory overflow messages (This VM has 6
> GB of RAM assigned, BTW).
>
> [...]

I built LibreOffice from git tag 'libreoffice-6.3.0.3' in an i386 Debian
buster (Debian 10) (s)chroot (host is Debian testing amd64) and that
went fine with the following autogen.input (i.e. the one you pasted
previously except for the '--with-external-tar' flag):

$ cat autogen.input
--without-system-postgresql
--without-junit
--without-java
--without-help
--without-doxygen
--disable-odk
--disable-gstreamer-1-0
--disable-gstreamer-0-10
--disable-firebird-sdbc
--with-lang=es en-US
--with-myspell-dicts
--enable-debug
#--with-external-tar=/home/linux/libreoffice/libreoffice/core/external/tarballs
--without-krb5
--without-gssapi
CC=gcc -mfpmath=sse -msse2
CXX=g++ -mfpmath=sse -msse2

[Some of the 'sal' unit tests failed, so I commented those out and then
the build including unit tests went fine. The unit test failures I got
look like they were caused solely by the (s)chroot setup, and could
probably be fixed by configuring the chroot properly; output:

    #Initializing ...
    #
    #logonUser function need root/Administrator account to test.
    #You can test by login with root/Administrator, and execute:
    #testshl2 -forward "username password"
../../../wntmsci9/bin/Security.dll
    #      where username and password are forwarded account info.
    #if no text forwarded, this function will be skipped.
    warn:vcl.app:30539:30539:sal/cppunittester/cppunittester.cxx:470:
Fatal exception: assertion failed
    - Expression: ( pw = getpwuid( getuid() ) ) != nullptr
    - getpwuid: no password entry

    Error: a unit test failed, please do one of:

    make CppunitTest_sal_osl_security CPPUNITTRACE="gdb --args"
        # for interactive debugging on Linux
    make CppunitTest_sal_osl_security VALGRIND=memcheck
        # for memory checking
    make CppunitTest_sal_osl_security DEBUGCPPUNIT=TRUE
        # for exception catching

    You can limit the execution to just one particular test by:

    make CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testXYZ" ...above mentioned params...
]