ESC meeting minutes: 2019-11-07 - macOS 10.15 notarization

Alexander Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 16:58:17 UTC 2019

Le 02/12/2019 à 17:20, William Gathoye (LibreOffice) a écrit :

Hi William,

> I'm jumping on this "notarization" problem. Do we have any news to share
> about this topic?

There is a potential workaround which requires the adminstrator (in most
cases, this is the main user of the Mac anyway), to specifically grant
full disk access to the LibreOffice app bundle, via :

System Preferences > Security and Confidentiality > Allow Full Disk
Access > then add the LibreOffice app to the list.

Obviously, most users will be loathe to actually do this as it
specifically removes the protections around the jailed/containered
"secure" application environment that Apple expects users (and
application providers) to abide by.

As to whether something is being considered from a coding point of view
to resolve the problem, I have no idea.

Alex