LibreOffice Encryption/Decryption Implementation

Steve Martin Steve.Martin at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Fri Dec 6 09:55:10 UTC 2019

Hello Thorsten,

thanks for your fast reply :)

> There's an updated ODF version currently under review; please check
> whether:
>
> https://docs.oasis-open.org/office/OpenDocument/v1.3/csprd02/part2-packages/OpenDocument-v1.3-csprd02-part2-packages.html#__RefHeading__752811_826425813
> answers a few of your questions.

I forgot to say that I only consider ODF version 1.2^^ However, I knew
this webpage. As I understand it, here are defined the algorithms that
need to be supported at least (or rather according to the
specification). What I'm looking for is a documentation or specification
of how ODF is implemented in application software (in this case
LibreOffice) in terms of encryption and decryption. Analyzing the
programming code is complicated and would take quite a bit of time^^

I also found this:

https://ringlord.com/dl/Decrypting%20ODF%20Files.pdf

This is a good explanation, but unfortunately no officially confirmed
source (I need that for my master thesis).

> A further place for information are
> our ODF implementer notes, that you can find here:
>
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/ODF_Implementer_Notes
>
> If that leaves any questions unanswered, there's always the code (or
> come back here & ask). ;)

Ok thanks, I will keep this in my mind ;)

> Cheers,
>
> -- Thorsten

Greetings

Steve