benchmark of Excel, Calc, Google Docs

Kohei Yoshida kohei at libreoffice.org
Mon Dec 9 23:33:12 UTC 2019

Hello there,

On 07.12.2019 13:05, Michael Meeks wrote:

> 	is an MDDS cell store - which is fairly well optimized for the test
> you're doing here jumping down rows. We're missing a final re-work
> there
> to make it log(log(N)) lookup with an interpolating search but ...

Just FYI, I'm actively working on this re-work, and it's mostly
finished.  I'm just running some benchmarks on this change and see what
changes we should be expecting performance-wise.  I'll write something
up and summarize my findings soon.

> 	Of course we build on MDDS - which provides some nice building blocks
> for speadsheet re-use:
>
> 	https://gitlab.com/mdds/mdds

And just to get this out there, I am the primary maintainer of MDDS (for
good or bad).  So, in case you have any questions, feel free to contact
me.

Both Dennis and Lubos should also be fairly familiar with MDDS based on
their past contribution history.

Best,

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice Calc volunteer hacker