Help with a great Application

Ilmari Lauhakangas ilmari.lauhakangas at libreoffice.org
Thu Dec 12 10:22:02 UTC 2019

Mike Sydwest kirjoitti 11.12.2019 klo 7.04:
> Hi LibreOffice
>
>   I am not trying to get free advertising here, actually we are in lot
> of trouble because our developer has run off and left us in a mess.
>
>   The Application we have built is based on LibreOffice open source code.
>
> The App is called Enriched Digital Writer - Windows,
> https://www.enriched.online/template-category/products/software-applications/
>
> The application is for many user, as we are trying to help user with
> small PC skill to record their life history and many other things, I
> have put two years of my time into this great project.
>
> The code is in Gitlab - we can give anyone access at any time, this is
> where dev suggested to keep it.
>
> What we desperately need is help to get back on track, not advertising.
>
> Please advise and hopefully show some interest in this industry of
> Ancestry and family recording and Genealogy
>
> If you want me to push the code to somewhere else I can try to do this.
>
> I look forward to your help if at all possible -
>
> Michael Wilkinson
>
> PS I am not a technical person please try to understand that.

I suggest you

1) make the GitLab instance public, so there is no need to give people
access upon request
2) link to the GitLab instance on your website, so your users understand
the source code is available as it should be
3) contract a certified developer to work on your product:
https://www.documentfoundation.org/gethelp/developers/

Ilmari