How do I add a new configuration item to registrymodifications.xcu

Winfried Donkers Winfried.Donkers at dekimo.com
Fri Feb 1 11:07:09 UTC 2019

Hi Heiko,

> I wrote a blog post some time ago about how to make a feature optional. It comes from a
> non-developer/layman perspective to encourage people to look into the code. Perhaps it’s
> a bit helpful.
> https://design.blog.documentfoundation.org/2018/04/14/easyhacking-how-to-make-a-feature-optional/

Yes, that's helpful, especially for when I want to add the configuration option to the Options dialog.
FTB it's just under advanced -expert configuration.

In you blog you say it's surprisingly complex to implement a simple option.
Well, in you case the framework was already present in module sw.
In chart2, there is nothing yet and that presents a lot of challenges ;-)

Winfried