Boolean configuration settings not editable in tools - advanced - expert configuration

Winfried Donkers Winfried.Donkers at dekimo.com
Mon Feb 4 09:10:45 UTC 2019

Hi Mike,

>> I noticed a general unexpected behaviour when working with LibreOffice in Tools-Advanced-Expert Configuration.
>> When the setting is of type boolean, I cannot change the setting. I tried various existing settings, mainly in org.openoffice.Office.Calc and both with current Master and version as distributed with openSUSE Leap 15.0.
>> My conclusion was that for reasons unknown to me, boolean settings are not editable and int settings are.

> Could you please describe what exactly "not editable" means? I.e., "I
> double-click the boolean setting, and expect a dialog to pop up like for
> ints, but instead, the setting just changes from true to false and back
> in place, without dialogs"?

Ah, now I'm beginning to understand what isn't clear.
When using LO on a Linux machine, I need to double click a setting to edit it. In all cases, a dialog appears. For string and int type settings, I can change/replace the value. For boolean seeting, a dialog appears, bu I cannot change true to false or vice versa.
When using LO on a Windows machine (where I am at his moment), there is a difference in tha case of boolean type settings. No dialogs appears, but the value inverts by double-clicking.
I could not acchieve this (change the value of a boolean type setting by just double-clicking) on my openSUSE leap 15.0 machines - which I cannot access right now.

HTH,

Winfried