export doesn't allow overwriting current document (?)

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Thu Feb 7 13:56:57 UTC 2019

Hi Noel,

On Thu, Feb 07, 2019 at 03:19:06PM +0200, Noel Grandin <noelgrandin at gmail.com> wrote:
> Given how we cache and re-read external stuff like images, perhaps at one
> point in time, we could end up reading from the same file that we are
> writing to during the export process?

At least for images, one major benefit of the image handling rework from
Tomaz was exactly that once the import process finishes, we no longer
read from the file. (So you can't loose images if you delete a file on
the filesystem while it's still opened in LO.)

So that sounds like a risk that doesn't exist anymore.

Regards,

Miklos