how to create and fill a table of contents ? (solved)

LORENZO Vincent vincent.lorenzo at cea.fr
Mon Feb 11 14:52:09 UTC 2019

Hello,
thank you. I don't reuse the script, but it gives me the name ("com.sun.star.text.ContentIndex") of the object to instantiate to create Table Of Contents.
I'm not yet fully satisfied of I get, but it is a good start point. Here, I wrote my code for future people who get the same problem.

       private XDocumentIndex tableOfContents = null;
       /**
       * Refresh the table of contents
       */
       public void refreshTableOfContents() {
             if (null != this.tableOfContents) {
                    this.tableOfContents.update();
             }
       }

       /**
       * Create the table of contents
       */
       @Override
       public void writeTableOfContents(final String tocTitle) {

             // TODO improve me
             // we should be able to start of not the table of contents on a new page
             // we should be able to go to the next page at the end of the table of content
             try {

                    XTextCursor mxDocCursor = cursor;
                    XText mxDocText = cursor.getText();
                    XMultiServiceFactory mxDocFactory = odtEditor.getXMultiServiceFactory();

                    // Go to the end of the document
                    mxDocCursor.gotoEnd(false);
                    // Insert a new paragraph and position the cursor in it
                    mxDocText.insertControlCharacter(mxDocCursor, ControlCharacter.PARAGRAPH_BREAK, false);
                    XParagraphCursor xParaCursor = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XParagraphCursor.class, mxDocCursor);
                    xParaCursor.gotoPreviousParagraph(false);// TODO : it was false before

                                 // Create a ContentIndex and access its XPropertySet interface
                    XPropertySet xIndex = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, mxDocFactory.createInstance("com.sun.star.text.ContentIndex"));

                    // to fill the table of contents according to the existing title
                    xIndex.setPropertyValue("CreateFromOutline", true);

                    xIndex.setPropertyValue("Title", tocTitle);

                    // Access the XTextContent interfaces of both the Index and the
                    // IndexMark
                    XTextContent xIndexContent = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XTextContent.class, xIndex);
                    // XTextContent xEntryContent = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XTextContent.class, xEntry);

                    // Insert both in the document
                    // mxDocText.insertTextContent(mxDocCursor, xEntryContent, false);
                    mxDocText.insertTextContent(mxDocCursor, xIndexContent, false);

                    // Get the XDocumentIndex interface of the Index
                    XDocumentIndex xDocIndex = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XDocumentIndex.class, xIndex);

                    // And call its update method
                    xDocIndex.update();

                    tableOfContents = xDocIndex;

                    // xParaCursor.gotoNextParagraph(true);

                    // XText xText = mxDocCursor.getText();
                    // xText.insertControlCharacter(mxDocCursor, (short)BreakType.PAGE_AFTER_value, false);
                    // mxDocCursor.gotoEnd(false);
                    // WriteUtil.addControlCharacter(xTextCursor, controlCharacter);addControlCharacter

                    XPropertySet cursorProperty = UnoRuntime.queryInterface(XPropertySet.class, xParaCursor);
                    try {
                           // TODO
                           cursorProperty.setPropertyValue("BreakType", BreakType.PAGE_BEFORE); //$NON-NLS-1$ //NONE AND BOTH gave me the same result... -> it is not good
                           // BEFORE Allow that the next content (an image) will be on the next page... it seems me stupid...
                    } catch (Exception excp) {
                           System.err.println("Failed to create page break. Exception: " + excp); //$NON-NLS-1$
                           excp.printStackTrace(System.err);
                    }
                    //
             } catch (Exception e) {