How should a fresher contribute to LibreOffice?

Michael Stahl mst at libreoffice.org
Thu Feb 21 14:34:47 UTC 2019

hi Shubham,

On 20.02.19 05:12, shubham wrote:
> Hi this is Shubham. I am a third year student of Visvesvaraya National
> Institute of Technology(VNIT). I am interested in contributing to
> LibreOffice. I need a way how should I start.

good to hear you're interested!

best to start by doing a build of LibreOffice master, and then creating
a patch for one of the "easy-hack" bugs that you can find via the Wiki
page below; once you're done, upload the patch to gerrit.

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

for details regarding this year's GSoC, see:

https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoC/2019

(note that Google hasn't actually announced participating mentoring
organizations yet)

don't hesitate to ask questions on IRC channel #libreoffice-dev.

happy hacking!