Building a mysql connector based upon LibreOffice 6.1

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Wed Jan 2 08:56:30 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Mon, Dec 31, 2018 at 06:27:48AM -0500, Dan Lewis <elderdanlewis at gmail.com> wrote:
> Perhaps 5 years ago, I built it based upon LibreOffice 4.0 using the
> following commands in a terminal:
>
> 1)  sudo apt-get install git
> 2)  sudo apt-get build-dep libreoffice
> 3)  $ git clone git://gerrit.libreoffice.org/core
> 4)  cd core
> 5)  ./autogen.sh
> 6)  apt-cache search gnome-vfs
> 7)  sudo apt-get install libgnome-vfsmm-2.6-dev
> 8)  ./autogen.sh
> 9)  ./g checkout -b libreoffice-4-0 origin/libreoffice-4-0
> 10) ./autogen.sh --enable-ext-mariadb-connector --enable-bundle-mariadb
> --enable-gstreamer --disable-gstreamer-0-10
> 11) make fetch (if autogen.sh ends with an error)
> 12) make dev-install
>
> Comments: I have also modified /etc/apt/sources.list so that item #2 above
> does not cause an error. #7 was entering the result gotten when running #6.
> #9 has to be updated to -6-1 from the -4-0. Why was --enable-gstreamer
> required in this step?

Probably nobody remembers, LO 4.0 is not supported for a long time.

> #12 causes an error message: dev-install is not a
> valid target.

Right, these days you don't have to do that manually, you get a
ready-to-run installation set in "instdir" once the build finished.

> What changes need to be made in these steps to make this connector? I have
> not found an answer to this question in all of my searches.

The mysql connector extension is replaced by the internal mysql Base
driver -- did you try building just master and see if it does what you
need?

Regards,

Miklos