Bug #122437 MySQL foreign keys and the native MySQL connector

Dan Lewis elderdanlewis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 03:17:44 UTC 2019

When I connect to MySQL using the native connector on LO 6.2.1 RC1, I
can not successfully create a primary-foreign key pair. Instead of
pairing the two fields, the foreign key pairs with itself. I have also
connected to the same database on LO 6.2.0.1 RC1 using
mysql-connector-java-5.1.45, and the relationships appear normal.

In this case I connected to the database first using the native
connector. But this does not really matter. When I use
mysql-connector-java-5.1.45 first and then the native connector, the
results are the same. The native connector shows the foreign key related
to itself. The mysql-connector-java-5.1.45 shows the relationships as
they should be.

I attached two snapshots to show the difference. These were taken from
Tools > Relationships

This is definitely a show stopper.

Dan