Bug 122675 MySQL native connector problem with LO 6.2.0.2

Drew Jensen drewjensen.inbox at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 18:17:30 UTC 2019

also from the MySQL documentation there is the option to reconfigure the
server to use the older default authentication:
"Further, it is always possible to change ––default-authentication-plugin
to a non-default value of your choice (At present, options other than
caching_sha2_password are: mysql_native_password and sha256_password). For
example, if ––default-authentication-plugin is set to
mysql_native_password, the behavior of the MySQL 8.0.4 server is similar to
MySQL 8.0.3 and prior. Correspondingly, libmysqlclient supports the
MYSQL_DEFAULT_AUTH options for mysql_options() C API function. (For
libmysqlclient based client tools available in MySQL packages, the
––default-auth command-line options achieves the same purpose.) The
client-side option is a performance tool and saves an extra round-trip when
used in tandem with ––default-authentication-plugin option on server side.
However, we recommend use of caching_sha2_password because of the enhanced
security that it offers. We also recommend updating libmysqlclient to MySQL
8.0.4 or later so that new default authentication plugin is supported by
clients that use it."

https://mysqlserverteam.com/mysql-8-0-4-new-default-authentication-plugin-caching_sha2_password/