pdfium / Re: Building LO6.1.4.2 with pdfium emits “error: invalid conversion from ‘int’ to ‘boolean’ [-fpermissive]”

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Fri Jan 18 08:16:43 UTC 2019

Hi,

[ Please let's keep the discussion on the list. ]

On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 10:30:11PM +0000, Дилян Палаузов <dilyan.palauzov at aegee.org> wrote:
> upstream fx_codec_jpeg.cpp does not exist anymore, it is called now ccodec_jpegmodule.cpp.  This will make backporting
> of the changes in fx_codec_jpeg.cpp, used by LibreOffice, unlikely.  Besides, upstream the change may never be applied.

Upstream may have good reasons for not accepting your patch in its
current form, it's their decision. We usually respect upstream's
decision in this regard. Especially given that pdfium is not a dead
upstream.

As mentioned before, there is a significant maintenance cost of custom
patched externals, I would like to avoid it, based in the painful
experience of cutting down heavily patched pdfium and xmlsec to ~0
patches in the recent past.

> Towards which version of pdfium shall the patch in external/pdfium be generated?

See download.lst in the toplevel directory, currently we bundle pdfium
3667 on LO master, which isn't too old, it's from 2019-01-09.

Regards,

Miklos