enhanced-path command M with multiple pairs of coordinates

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Thu Jan 24 23:54:36 UTC 2019

Hi,

this is about https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/66888. I have put it to
Gerrit for discussion.

The spec says, "If a moveto is followed by multiple pairs of
coordinates, they are treated as lineto." LibreOffice does not honor
this, Karbon does it.
My patch transforms a path like "M 0 0 5 10 10 0 N" on import in a
command sequence, where an additional command L (=lineTo) is introduced.
So when saving you get "M 0 0 L 5 10 10 0 N".

A different approach would be to keep the current way of using a command
M (=moveTO) with multiple pairs of coordinates in the command sequence,
and then draw the lines, when rendering the shape. I think, that would
request some changes in EnhancedCustomShape2d::CreateSubPath in svx. I
haven't tried it yet, so I can't estimate how extensive the changes
would be.

Is the approach with a change on import acceptable?

Kind regards
Regina