First-time development/C++ Contributor

Michael Weghorn m.weghorn at posteo.de
Mon Jan 28 11:40:05 UTC 2019

[Taking the conversation back to the development mailing list]

On 28/01/2019 12.31, Ares Dragoj wrote:
> Firstly, thank you for the warm welcome!
> Next I would like to know do I need to build LibreOffice even if I have
> the app installed in my computer (I'm on Windows OS)? If I need to, is
> the usage of "lode" mandatory?
> Thank you in advance!

If you actually want to work on the code, you'll have to build
LibreOffice by yourself in order to test your modifications.

The use of "lode" is not mandatory, you can also manually do the
required setup, but be aware that lode will simplify the setup and
you're more on your own if you encounter any issues while doing things
by yourself.