Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Fri Jul 5 02:26:10 UTC 2019

On 05/07/19 03:15, Wol's lists wrote:
> On 04/07/2019 11:08, Uwe Brauer wrote:
>>
>>  From time to time the question pops up whether LO could support
>> Wordperfects reveal code. Sometimes it is stated that this feature could
>> be implemented by a macro/extension.
>
> Bear in mind that "reveal codes" is an EDITING window. That was what was
> wrong with MS's pale imitation. So if your macros merely display the
> formatting of a paragraph, that is NOT NOT NOT "reveal codes", and any
> WordPerfect lover will simply ignore it.

As a quick example - which illustrates its power - I seem to remember a
post to this list a week or so ago which said "if the first thing in a
writer document is a table, how do I put something in front of it?".
Word struggles with this, writer struggles with it ...

In WordPerfect, in RevealCodes, just click *in front* of the [table-on]
code, and start typing ... easy peasy !!!

Cheers,
Wol