Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

Kaganski Mike mikekaganski at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 5 12:25:20 UTC 2019

Hi!

On 04.07.2019 20:08, Uwe Brauer wrote:

>  From time to time the question pops up whether LO could support
> Wordperfects reveal code. Sometimes it is stated that this feature could
> be implemented by a macro/extension.
>
> Now I remember that long time ago such macros existed and using the
> wayback machine I found them. They were written around 2005 for OO 1.2,
> using the sxw format.

Great that you have interest for bringing the power features to LO.
I'm curious what the "reveal code" feature looks like in WP, and what it
looked like in OOo with the said macros?

Personally I would love to see a greatly reworked style manager, with
ability to show the settings applied to any piece of text in layers -
from most basic (paragraph style, with its inheritance) through possibly
several character styles, to the top manual formatting, where one could
easily see the structure - with all intermediate properties - of what we
see as the result. Possibly something like modern browsers' object
inspectors. But I'm afraid that there's no "codes" in LO (if I
understand it right - my understanding is that it shows something like
"xml tags" or some such) - and if I'm right, then trying to fake the
actual "property set"-based architecture into "codes" would result in
much effort with small output.

--
Best regards,
Mike Kaganski