Reveal code, old macros convert them to LO

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Sat Jul 6 06:36:29 UTC 2019

> On 05/07/19 13:14, Uwe Brauer wrote:

> And all I am saying is that the feature you describe sounds to me
> NOTHING LIKE reveal codes, and personally I can't see any use for it.
> The Word equivalent is "show formatting" which - like I said - was
> ignored by lusers and power users alike because they couldn't see any
> use for it.

My motivation was partiall caused by a MS Word document, which I had to
edit and the mark up was distorted by LO (most likely this file was
written 15 ago and then saved in different formats). So I hoped a reveal
code feature would help to understand what is the problem and where.

> Do you know lilypond and frescobaldi?

I am using LaTeX on a daily basis (with GNU Emacs) and use LO and
friends only on certain occasions. So you don't have to convince me on that.