Reveal Codes macros now works

Uwe Brauer oub at mat.ucm.es
Thu Jul 11 06:32:46 UTC 2019

> On 10/07/19 17:54, Andrew Pitonyak wrote:

> I would also appreciate having a copy of them to try. Unfortunately, I
> am likely to be highly critical, but then, I hope those comments will be
> helpful.

Please take in mind, that Andrew is not the original author. I find it
very generous of him to provide his help to make these macros work. My
hope is, as I said elsewhere, that others developer get and idea of the
feature and might generalize it to not read only.

> Please do email them directly ...

> No your changes are NOT GPL if you don't want them to be. Please mark
> your changes as being under the LO MPL licence. Okay, the resultant file
> can only be *distributed* under the GPL, but if somebody then rewrites
> the GPL stuff out, the file will change to LO licence.

I am not sure I understand (I am no lawyer, but I have contributed over
the years to GPL software).
I thought GPL is a rather capitalistic license, you obtain something
(code) you have to pay for it (by your code).

So if you modify a existing program under GPL (and I think modify means
here more than 5 lines of code, either add functionality or modify it),
you must release the code under the same license. You are not allowed to
release them under stay CC, or MIT or whatsoever. So when you say your
code, do you mean these 5 lines and whether you can release these 5
lines under the license of your choice. Is that what you mean?

Regards

Uwe