UNO connection problems (GSOC Report Week 3)

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 06:52:05 UTC 2019

On 19/06/2019 22:32, Rasmus Jonsson wrote:
> On Wed, 19 Jun 2019 08:07:15 +0200
> Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> This worked, thanks. However, the project requires using whichever
> LibreOffice installation is available.

For C++ and Java there is helper functionality in the LO SDK for
3rd-party apps to find and access a LO installation, see
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/C%2B%2B/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>
and
<https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Java/Transparent_Use_of_Office_UNO_Components>,
respectively.  But I don't think something like that has ever been
implemented for Python.

>> The python interpreter needs to know about LO's UNO files, and a
>
> Which are these UNO files?

Look into what instdir/program/python (a shell script) is doing before
executing instdir/program/python.bin (the actual python executable).