Interested to contribute

Muhammet Kara muhammet.kara at collabora.com
Tue Mar 12 12:16:40 UTC 2019

Hi Bhanu,

Welcome to LibreOffice! It is nice to see you are interested in applying
for a GSoC project. Having skill/knowledge/experience in programming,
and especially in C++ helps a lot while working on the LibreOffice
code-base.

As the student application date for GSoC is approaching, we suggest you to

* Go through the LibreOffice development getting started page [0]
* Start with solving some 'beginner' easyHacks [1]
* Solve at least one 'interesting' easyHack
* Start discussing your ideas with possible mentors, and preparing your
proposal
* Don't leave your proposal to the last day. Sooner is better.

Also checking the GSoC ideas page first, and trying to choose the
easyHacks related to your probable idea(s) might be a good idea [2], and
perhaps also the page for ideas without a mentor yet [3].

If you ever get stuck (after doing the usual leg-work (re(search), try,
debug etc.) yourself), please don't hesitate to ask your questions
either on the #libreoffice-dev IRC channel, or on this mailing list.

Best,
Muhammet

[0] https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved
[1]