git Push to online project

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 12 12:30:00 UTC 2019

On Mon, Mar 4, 2019 at 12:17 AM ahmed elshreif <ahmedtota29 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am planning to join LibreOffice Online GSOC project so I try to solve easy hacks for online project I submit patches before but in the core when i use git review to submit my code for one of the easy hacks from LibreOffice/online/ I have this error
> remote: ERROR:  In commit 87a29c1285af7a10704df4220d426cb00b749ee4
> remote: ERROR:  author email address
> remote: ERROR:  does not match your user account.
> remote: ERROR:
> remote: ERROR:  The following addresses are currently registered:
> remote: ERROR:    ahmedtota29 at gmail.com

The message is pretty clear - you can do git config user.email
ahmedtota29 at gmail.com to tell git to use that email address.
Or you could add another email address to gerrit.

After changing email in git via .gitconfig file as Regina mentioned or
via git config command, use git commit --amend --reset-author to apply
the change to your pending commit, then you should be able to push to
gerrit.

ciao
Christian