About showing UI in pootle for translators

Wenzhe Pei pwz26626664 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 10:21:31 UTC 2019

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to be part of libreoffice development  in GSoC 2019.
I've solved an easyhack, working on another one and trying to write a
proposal for idea of tooling, part of the idea is about showing GUI context
of the string for translators (at least I think so).

A simple description of my current idea is to add a button for translators
to view the context UI. Example attached. A better one could allow editting
translation within the GUI.

I am sending this email to ask for advice, am I understanding the idea
right? How do you feel about this example? And I'm confused by intergrating
this into opengrok. I don't know why and what context of UI to show
according to source code.

Hoping for advice.

Best Regards,
Wenzhe Pei