[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 28 16:13:04 UTC 2019

Hey,

* Crash Reporting (Xisco)
>   + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/6.1.4.2
>     + 837 (+46)
>   + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/6.1.5.2
>     + 875 634 (+241)
>   + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/6.2.0.3
>     + 1295 (+59)
>   + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/6.2.1.2
>     + 1227 (+79)
>   + http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/version/6.2.2.2
>     + 724 (-)
>   + looks good for latest version, still have a symbol issue
>   + not a generic issue with all reports (Christian)
>     + just a display issue – all on the same category
>     + all current versions should be handled correctly.
>     + when searching for crash reports in libmerged: plenty have
>       symbols resolved.
>     + problem is 6.2.2.2 (Michael)
>
> http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/49887f06-5a2e-49ad-baf0-9e542d00c08e
>        + 322 of these for 6.2.2.2 alone
>        + are these just the not-yet-processed ones ? (Miklos)
>           + as in those are from today.
>        + from the 25th first sampled: (Michael)
>
> http://crashreport.libreoffice.org/stats/crash_details/f58d07b9-4e38-480a-b0a4-8f92a2a4170e
> AI:    + take a look at it (Christian)

so in general the fastest way to get some feedback might be to ping me
directly and give me some time to look into such issues. While I still have
quite bad internet and can't do any uploads of symbol information I can
still at least quickly inspect the problem.

One general problem that we have is that we have no recent windows debug
symbol information. I tried to move that service from my local machine to
the server during the Munich hackfest but did not manage to replicate my
setup well enough that valid symbol information are generated. Sadly this
has some knock-on effects as can be seen by some of the unresolved crash
reports. At least on Windows getting a backtrace requires that enough of
the stack pointers can be guessed from the dumped stack. This relies to
some to degree on the system symbol informations.

As soon as I have a non-mobile internet connection again I'll either run a
full set of system symbol download on my machine or finish the work on
moving that service to the server.

Regards,
Markus