Master build unit test failed

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue May 14 07:13:01 UTC 2019

On 13/05/2019 15:07, Franklin Weng wrote:
> I tried to build the master branch and failed in the unit test.
>
> ./autogen.sh --with-language="en-US zh-TW" --with-locales="zh_TW en_US"

About --with-locales (introduced with
<https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/plugins/gitiles/core/+/0c0fbc3f8b09017c490ae77794aad3e7417b9c23%5E!/>
"Add a new configure switch --with-locales for restricting the included
locales") configure.ac says

>     AS_HELP_STRING([--with-locales="en es pt fr zh kr ja"],
>         [Use this option to limit the locale information built in.
>          Separate multiple locales with space.
>          Very experimental and might well break stuff.
>          Just a desperate measure to shrink code and data size.
>          By default all the locales available is included.
>          This option is completely unrelated to --with-lang.])

and I very much assume your CppunitTest_sal_rtl failures are caused by a
poor adaption of those tests to that WITH_LOCALE* configuration space.

So send patches to fix that, or just don't use the
marked-as-highly-experimental --with-locales.  (What made you think it
would be a good idea to use that configure option anyway?  Is it perhaps
misguidedly mentioned in any online instructions?)