Struggling with unit test

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue May 14 15:19:39 UTC 2019

On 14/05/2019 17:05, Regina Henschel wrote:
>> The technically preferred solution would be if you can somehow avoid
>> calling those functions directly from the test code.
>
> I have seen no way. Any idea? Something generic, that works on a lot of
> shapes?

No idea (I don't know anything about the relevant code).
>    Less appealing
>> hacks to get it working are either to not mark those functions as
>> SVX_DLLPRIVATE in include/svx/svdoashp.hxx,
>
> Have there been special reasons to exclude these functions? They are
> public functions.

No idea.  Presumably those functions were not deemed relevant for code
outside svxcore.

>   or to make
>> svx/CppunitTest_svx_unit.mk use gb_CppunitTest_use_library_objects to
>> directly include (copies of) the svxcore objects, instead of using
>> gb_CppunitTest_use_libraries to link against the svxcore library.
>
> Do you prefer one of the two "hacks" over the other?

Not really.  The first approach is definitely easier to implement, while
the second one could be considered cleaner, as it leaves the set of
exported symbols untouched.