CppUnit SdMiscTest::testTdf119956 Failing on Windows with 150% scale factor

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Tue May 21 00:20:17 UTC 2019

Am 21. Mai 2019 00:48:40 MESZ schrieb Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de>:
>I get curious results.
>
>If I run the single test using
>/opt/lo/bin/make CppunitTest_sd_misc_tests
>CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testTdf119956" CPPUNITTRACE=TRUE
>or
>/opt/lo/bin/make CppunitTest_sd_misc_tests
>CPPUNIT_TEST_NAME="testTdf119956"
>
>it does _not_ fail.
>
>If I run the test among other tests using
>$ /opt/lo/bin/make sd.check
>it fails.

>But that does not explain, why the test works here as single test and
>not in the series of tests.

There is a general problem with LO unit tests: a test may change the state of the application, which eventually influences the next test. Some stuff is cached.
In theory you would have to restart LO for each test to reset any internal state, but that would be very slow.

The other, more probable possibility, I have also faced a few times, is memory corruption. This means your failing test is actually valid, but a previous test has passed but corrupted some memory. You should run the whole test in some memory checker.

Jan-Marek