Problems with SetSnapRect() for rotated and/or sheared custom shapes

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at collabora.com
Tue Nov 5 07:50:12 UTC 2019

Hi Regina,

On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 07:00:18PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
> So my question is:
> What is SdrObjCustomShape::SetSnapRect() supposed to do?

My guess is the snap rectangle is the same as the bounding box, i.e. if
you have a shape with e.g. 45 deg rotation, the snap rectangle is larger
than the original size of the rectangle.

> A different approach would be, to keep the current version of
> SdrObjCustomShape::SetSnapRect() and change the found combinations so, that
> in case of a SdrObjCustomShape, not GetSnapRect() but GetLogicRect() is
> used.

Do we know what "logic" means in GetLogicRect()? Is that "logic" because
it's in mm100/twips, not pixels or something else?

Regards,

Miklos