Need help for unit test about undo

Regina Henschel rb.henschel at t-online.de
Sun Nov 10 00:22:32 UTC 2019

Hi all,

Miklos Vajna schrieb am 08-Nov-19 um 09:33:
> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 07, 2019 at 11:01:33PM +0100, Regina Henschel <rb.henschel at t-online.de> wrote:
>> Ok, that contains how to use an UndoManager.
>
> Yes, that was the intention I assume -- tiledrendering is just a suite
> that happened to contain that example code. :-)
>
>> But how can I act with the shape, so that an undo-entry is generated?
>> UI actions, that produce the error are: changing line or fill attributes,
>> switching extrusion on/off, setting "Autofit text" on.
>
> I think the general concept is that if you manipulate the doc model
> directly (SdrModel), then you don't get undo/redo. In contrast, if you
> manipulate the doc model via UNO or the UI shells, then you get it.

I first tried with comphelper::dispatchCommand(), which I had seen in
tiledrendering, but that did not know the needed SID. Now I have used
pViewShell->GetViewFrame()->GetDispatcher()->Execute, which I have seen
in uiimpress, and that works.

>> And would it be correct to add my test to that file? My topic is different
>> from 'tiledrendering'.
>
> If you want to test Impress undo/redo, my first guess would be
> sd/qa/unit/uiimpress.cxx.

Yes, that is suitable. It has already some undo parts. My patch is
finished now. Find it in https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/82367/2

Kind regards
Regina