Guideline about dialog layout

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Thu Nov 21 14:23:45 UTC 2019

On Thu, 2019-11-21 at 13:12 +0100, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> Andreas Kainz and me worked on a guideline to have a consistent look
> and feel on dialogs. It's currently in a draft status, last bits
> needs to get carved in stone. But it's ready for a critical review.
> Please take a look at
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/piF7DnPAaY7yS4f and
> comment here or there.

"Set input focus on confirmation button by default."

except for undo-able deletions ? An accidental whack of ok in writer's
"are you sure you want to delete this header" cannot be undone.

Maybe also worth mentioning in the guide that a label for a widget
should specify what it labels by turning on "use_underline" and picking
the target widget for "mnemonic_widget". That sets up default
accessibility relations between the two widget so there's no need to go
near those a11y relations for this usual case.

But if a non-label widget like a GtkCheckButton is being used in place
of a label then the a11y "Label For" and "Labelled By" properties can
be used to describe what's going on.