libreoffice-kde5 / libreoffice-qt and Kvantum themes

Jan-Marek Glogowski glogow at fbihome.de
Fri Oct 11 10:26:10 UTC 2019

Hi Davide,

Am 10.10.19 um 15:21 schrieb Davide Sandona':
... description of themeing problems in the kf5 backend ...
> OS: Kubuntu 19.04
> LibreOffice: 6.3.1.2
> A few glitches are showing up in the KDE5/Qt packages:
...>  2.
>     Comboboxes's dropdown arrows appear to be detached from their
>     respective comboboxes.

Hmm - the Gtk3 combo looks completely different from the kf5 one in your
image. And it looks like some border is missing from the dropdown button
in the kf5 case.

... more bugs ...

> Can we expect situation to change in the future?

Eventually. But definitely not without real bug reports. So please file
them at https://bugs.documentfoundation.org, preferably one per problem.

FYI: LO qt5 just uses the QStyle API and not Qt widgets, while gtk3 uses
Gtk widgets for many LO ones. One example "bug", you can find in LO with
qt5, is a wrong text color for highlighted buttons with breeze (text is
always black, not white on highlight). That happens because the color
decision is done inside the engine when rendering a Qt button and the
QStyle API doesn't provide a separate text color for this state.

If Kvantum relies in some part on this kind of handling, this can never
be implemented correct with QStyle based theming. Someone would need to
change the qt5 theming to use native widgets too (boils down to
implementing include/vcl/weld.hxx), which is definitely more then a
month of full time work. Maybe a good project for next years GSoC.

Jan-Marek