About putting back Firebird experimental

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 4 15:09:27 UTC 2019

Xisco Fauli wrote
> if we want to put it back to experimental, personally I would prefer to
> do it *only* in 6.3 and leave it as it's in master so we can test it and
> improve it.

It can be tested on master sources just by enabling experimental.
We already put in release notes for 6.3 that migration/Firebird part wasn't
experimental anymore.

If I remember well, we wanted to give a try to this part by putting it by
default.
Considering the number of bugs, we can see the test failed, we're not ready.
So the goal is to avoid letting it this part by default for next release
6.4.0 (except if we can fix enough bugs related to it of course).

Now, if somebody wants to revert the patch which reenabled experimental only
for this part, feel free to do it but I won't do it myself since I'm
strongly against it.

Julien

--
Sent from: http://document-foundation-mail-archive.969070.n3.nabble.com/Dev-f1639786.html